News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Anker's new alternative to the AirTag: Eufy Security SmartTrack Card E30 does not become electronic waste after a few years

Started by Redaktion, October 19, 2024, 23:44:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Mann

Anker the company that lied about the encryption on their security cameras still expects people to trust them with anything related to privacy? I'm surprised they're still using the Eufy line after that disaster.
Also rechargeable batteries degrade over time even if not used a lot, so unless this is repairable and the battery replaceable, it will still become e-waste. Why would someone pick this over a competing product with replaceable batteries?

Ilias

That seems too little too late.

Recharging with a legacy dongle in 2024? That's one generation behind.

Amazon is full of similar cards that recharge wirelessly on any Qi pad.

cmm

This article states that the charging adapter is included but the included image states clearly that the charging head is not included.

Foodof50

AC adapter not included, as in the wall plug adapter, it would be crazy if they didn't include that

SaucyBoy

How does an AirTag become waste after a few years when you can just change the battery when it dies? I also have one of the AirCard for my wallet so I use non-Apple "Find My" trackers too. I'm just concerned the writer and others don't know you can change the battery in an AirTag. lol

Baratacus

Quote from: SaucyBoy on Yesterday at 10:49:26How does an AirTag become waste after a few years when you can just change the battery when it dies? I also have one of the AirCard for my wallet so I use non-Apple "Find My" trackers too. I'm just concerned the writer and others don't know you can change the battery in an AirTag. lol
I think the author was referring to the previous version of tracking card becoming e-waste after 3 years, they didn't say air tags become e-waste.

FrankieHaicam

Quote from: Foodof50 on Yesterday at 08:12:10AC adapter not included, as in the wall plug adapter, it would be crazy if they didn't include that

You don't already own a usb wall plug adapter you can charge it with once a year?

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview