News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad P1 Gen 7 review: Without TrackPoint buttons, with Nvidia GeForce RTX 4060

Started by Redaktion, October 16, 2024, 15:34:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

For the new Lenovo ThinkPad P1 Gen 7, the new design is the main attraction. The high-end workstation is more premium, repairable and easier to use. At its core lies the new haptic Sensel touchpad, which successfully takes over the function of the formerly dedicated TrackPoint buttons.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-P1-Gen-7-review-Without-TrackPoint-buttons-with-Nvidia-GeForce-RTX-4060.901578.0.html

Memati

These pictures are almost perfect! Maybe you could dial down the visibility a bit more? You know, make it a real challenge to spot any i/o (.-.)
PS:I appreciate all the effort you've put into these tests.

Worgarthe

Bump up the screen brightness, Memati? Everything is perfectly visible ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ And yeah it was irony on your end but those photos are really beautiful.

mtbd80

I've replaced KB of this style before on a T14s, totally doable but more work for sure. Have to remove mobo, some tape, and what feels like 50 screws on the KB itself.

cyberpunk

David C

Good review. I recently bought a Lenovo P1 Gen 7 from the Lenovo store on eBay. Which is buying directly from Lenovo. It has the Core Ultra I9 185H CPU and RTX 4070 GPU. The price is slashed, 50% off List price (still expensive, MacBook Pro M3 range). Typically Lenovo doesn't have their newest pc's on their eBay store so can't figure out why they had this P1 Gen 7 there because it specs are max'd out it seems. Every time I try to to think of a reason why I shouldn't have bought it, I can't.

Konstantinos

No, not again!

Lenovo ruined one of the last good thinkpads.

I was lucky to buy last years G6 with 13900H Ada GPU and IPS panel. It is proper thinkpad with 2 upgradable RAM slots, 2 upgradable SSDs, faster and lighter than G7, and has proper trackpad and trackpoint physical keys. Also with the IPS has much better battery life (around 6 hours) but I have to admit g7 is better in this regard.

The only reason I didn't buy Z16 last year (with better more efficient CPU) was all the above characteristics that Lenovo removed this year!

What a shame, no more Thinkpad P1...   :(

Worgarthe

Quote from: amd on Yesterday at 02:07:11This need to be with amd hx 370 or strix halo
The X1 and the P1 series are designed and created in collaboration with Intel.

Never again with intel

I won't get burned again with intel laptops. Put amd chip then it will be close to macbook

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview