News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel Lunar Lake CPU analysis - The Core Ultra 7 258V's multi-core performance is disappointing, but its everyday efficiency is good

Started by Redaktion, September 24, 2024, 18:04:41

Previous topic - Next topic

JUAN_pcbox

Quote from: Gallo123 on October 04, 2024, 04:22:45In the real world the Intel is fast enough and close enough to competitors. AMD still has no answer on Thunderbolt, so it's a non-starter for productive work.

I am long ways away from buying a new laptop but I would gladly choose Intel again despite lagging in other areas.
You bought an Intel Core 13 or 14 and you know that these chips burn out due to high voltages.
You know that Intel Core 13 and 14 suffer from oxidation, and Intel did not want to refund or replace defective processors.
You know that AMD iGPUs perform better than Intel Xe2s.
You knew that with Thunderbolt 4 you can do the same with USB4 as with Universal without having to pay royalties.
I think it's better for you to keep buying Intel and leave the rest of us more possibilities to buy AMD

Sharath Naik

I am confused by the performance per watt numbers. cinebench score in whisper mode at 15 watts is 445. that should be like 29 point per watt. so why is the efficiency listed as 19 points per watt?

Seth

I've tested everything there is for laptops the past several months. The problem with Qualcomm, if course is Windows and ARM. Good luck in a business environment trying to deploy and support these things. Buggy Windows, blue screens, driver issues, inconsistency etc...non-starter Qualcomm. Maybe in a few years they will sort this mess out, but not hopeful since they've already had several years of ARM chips and Windows and so far, I don't see much changing. Next, AMD, so what, it runs faster, the processor runs insanely hot, fan noise, I mean, it is unusable under daily tasks mostly unless you are just idling not doing a whole lot. We don't need more hot noisy laptops. The latest Intel, well of course the multi score isn't as good, it has half the cores!!!! No kidding. But they run cool, the battery last Qualcomm/Mac Air/Pro levels (except Lenovo Aura for some reason can't go 10hrs...that is tested), and compatibility, well guess what, everything just works as usual on the x64 platform. My only complaint with all of these systems in general is why can't they put hdmi, USBC/A ports on them all, good cameras, not 1080p, haptic touch pads, OLEDs all in one package like Mac does? Yes the Mac Air is short on ports and output display for external monitors, but they are silent and perform incredibly. But a lot of businesses they are non-starters for Windows environments. So, we are back at ground zero frustration again. Give us a Macbook Pro system for a little less, a good keyboard/touchpad/camera/quiet/cool and performs well with a good screen and battery life....you got yourself something all on an Intel platform running Windows. It is truly mind boggling how we can't get Macbook hardware, that runs Windows today still!!!!!! With that said, the best ultra book today is the Asus Zenbook Ultra 7 v2 with 32GB of Ram and 1TB drive. Everything but the camera and touchpad are really good on that thing.

GeorgeS

*sigh*

How long has it been since Apple introduced their "Air" series?

Even the MBP's have better spec's then many WIN powered 'Ultrabooks'.

Must be folks in sales/marketing thinking that THEY KNOW what users want.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview