News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Void: VS Code powered open source AI code editor

Started by Redaktion, September 18, 2024, 00:11:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Void is the latest to join the growing list of AI code editors, but unlike most, it is launching as open source. Marketed as an alternative to Cursor, this YC-backed project offers a host of AI features to invited developers.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Void-VS-Code-powered-open-source-AI-code-editor.890176.0.html

Bodunde Dotun

Way to Go! VOID... Bite Them, BITE them Hard and Harder still... Haha.

mdongwe

One has to be a very very junior dev if he wasn't able to achieve the same with normal vscode yet.
Plus stuff like MS maui and c# extensions doesn't work on forks at all.

Dan6

Good to have a competitor, because MS, as usual, slowly turns VSCode into slow laggy monster..

mdongwe

Quote from: Dan6 on September 18, 2024, 15:45:48Good to have a competitor, because MS, as usual, slowly turns VSCode into slow laggy monster..
It's literally the same vscode (almost) rebuilt, with their custom 'void' extension added.

Chuck

Let me try it, hope i won't remove cursor its good but i was stuck and disappointed when the charging came about lol.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview