News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Reverse n-word for Lenovo, no n-word for HP and Dell: How many laptop makers joined Apple in embracing the notch?

Started by Redaktion, August 27, 2024, 22:03:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Of the last 80 laptops tested by Notebookcheck, 27 have a notch; 21 of those 27 come from Lenovo. Established notebook makers such as HP and Dell seemingly have little enthusiasm for this visual design feature that Apple brought to the market in 2021.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Reverse-n-word-for-Lenovo-no-n-word-for-HP-and-Dell-How-many-laptop-makers-joined-Apple-in-embracing-the-notch.880439.0.html

Bizarro_NikoB

Not a big fan of Lenovo's reverse notch implementation. It looks awful and could have been implemented more asthetically instead of looking like an afterthought.

Henry Davenport

Terrible title, the writer should change this and make sure they don't use such inappropriate jokes in the future.

I have witnessed insensitivity towards my colleagues of other demographics in my years at Silicon Valley, and titles like this further demonstrate the unfair treatment they receive.

I'm very fortunate to be a middle class white gentleman and feel as though it is my duty to call these things out.

LL

Reverse notch is okayish. The notch instead is an attack on propose of a screen. It is one of the things that i hate in my Samsung phone. It has its reverse advantages, i spent the least time possible in it.

If all your post are insensitive to me how do you will deal with it Henry Davenport?
Would you censor yourself?

Sergey

@preacher

Nobody likes boring headlines... either way, point taken onboard. Thanks!

@Henry Davenport

I did not mean to offend anyone. I really didn't.

@LL

Hey, at least most notches aren't as ugly as punch holes.

@Bizarro_NikoB

It looks good on some of their laptops (usually, the ones of the costlier kind) but not on all of them, that much I can agree with.

Konstantinos

There is not a single laptop other than Apple's Macbooks that has the notch INSIDE the visible part of the screen!

This stupidity is exclusive to Apple!

On the other hand, a small reverse notch, like Lenovo's can help opening the panel with a single hand, and i don't mind it.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview