News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 5 Intel laptop review: Upgradeable RAM returns to the T series

Started by Redaktion, August 25, 2024, 23:38:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

For many years, it seemed like ThinkPads of the T series would only become less modular. This ends now, the Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 5 returns to a design with two SO-DIMM slots. It is a great office laptop, even though Meteor Lake U could be faster.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T14-Gen-5-Intel-laptop-review-Upgradeable-RAM-returns-to-the-T-series.879395.0.html

fb1996

Quote from: NikoB-+- on August 26, 2024, 13:24:45And the shameful  only obsolete 16GB of ram
For most office users, 16 GB will be fine for years to come. Therefore, having 32 GB as the base option would be overkill and just increase the base price of the device.

Also, if you need more RAM, the device supports up to 96 GB.

Terminator x60

The best laptop design of all time imo is the thinkpad x60.
The hinge
The narrow bezels
The overall size.
It was like the picasso of laptop.
It was like human sometime make something is too good by accident so they abandon it

Asan

Interesting that while Intel can show some efficiency, but the performance is not even close. The Zen 4 Ryzen 7 show significantly better iGPU performance.

Looking forward to the T14 Gen 5 AMD review of the same spec, as well as P14s Gen 5 with the Ryzen 7 HS version. The latter is priced really well on Lenovo's site, but buyers cannot finds reviews anywhere.

LOL

I have noticed that more and more people at the workplace (or working at home or at cafes etc) are using Macbooks, compared to some years ago i.e. before Covid.

This coincided with Apple switching away from Intel chips to Apple's in-house M-series ARM chips. And a rise in the need for video meetings e.g. Zoom.

If you're sticking to the Microsoft Windows side, I predict whatever AMD and Intel does for the laptops will become obsolete. You'll need to depend on Qualcomm's Snapdragon Elite. But Apple already had a few years' headstart while everyone on the Windows side is still messing around with x86. Qualcomm is also playing catchup with Apple's in-house ARM chips.

Not funny Don't laugh

Quote from: LOL on September 03, 2024, 03:19:17I predict whatever AMD and Intel does for the laptops will become obsolete. You'll need to depend on Qualcomm's Snapdragon Elite.

I dunno. I thought so too. But have you seen the recent Ryzen 9 AI HX 370 laptop reviews? The battery life is insane on them equalling arm based SoCs pretty much. I'm sure once apple releases M4 MacBooks in November it will be another significant gain in perf per watt efficiency, but if the rumours/leaks are true that AMD is releasing strix halo CES 2025, then x86 may still have some years left.

Qualcomm Snapdragon Elite has been a major let down. But I don't think the future of windows on arm is over, just that the eventual transition to it, is going to take much longer than expected and not as quick as apple has done so. Maybe when Nvidia-Mediatek release their SoC late next year, things will begin to get interesting again on WoA side.

There's also Lunar lake releasing today which I'm somewhat interested in seeing how that fares vs the current landscape competition :o)

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview