News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Sony Xperia 1 VI - The high-end smartphone with an outstanding battery life is the first choice for photo enthusiasts

Started by Redaktion, August 07, 2024, 15:52:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Sony's new Xperia I VI high-end smartphone leaves little more to be desired: It features further improved cameras, even better performance, fantastic battery life and a new, significantly brighter LTPO display. In addition, it once again offers features that no other flagship phone has. However, it still faces several weaknesses.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Sony-Xperia-1-VI-The-high-end-smartphone-with-an-outstanding-battery-life-is-the-first-choice-for-photo-enthusiasts.871843.0.html

dodo2

I think Sony being able to squeeze double the idle battery life of S24 is a display of how heavily bloated Samsung is. Because otherwise it's the same hardware and the same Android, right?

cat03

Nope, xperia 1 vi uses a high density battery, which is higher than other flagship phones at 790Wh/l. Here's the youtube link for the first teardown video which depicts the high density battery.

ArsLoginName

Quote from: cat03 on August 09, 2024, 22:04:18Nope, xperia 1 vi uses a high density battery, which is higher than other flagship phones at 790Wh/l. Here's the youtube link for the first teardown video which depicts the high density battery.

The battery density tells you how much volume you need to get a certain capacity (Whr or Wr). Divide the capacity by the operating voltage of the battery will give you how many Amp-hours one gets (or in this case, mAhr). Those mAHr are essentially equal to gallons of gas. How many you consume per unit time will tell you how long a device can operate. But a device efficiency can be calculated. In this case, Sony has a more efficient platform than Samsung S24 Ultra by about 10.36% which *can be* attributed to the lower resolution screen and/or less processor resources being used per unit time since both phones have the same chipset/processor, wi-fi devices, and variable refresh screen. Well, the S24 Ultra has a slightly higher binned SD8G3 which may or may not may increase consumption a bit under low loads. But lower resolution screens refreshed less often require less power for the same display efficiency.

LOL

Anyone who has previously owned a Sony phone knows why hardly anyone buys one these days.

1) Overpriced.

2) Underspec'ed.

3) Medicore camera performance compared to similarly priced competitors.

4) Non-existent after-sales support.

----

I've mentioned many years ago on a Xperia forum that Sony could collaborate with Google to make a Sony Pixel: Sony focuses on the hardware and design, and leave the software (especially camera postprocessing) to Google. It would have been a great marriage/alliance between the two.

But no, delusional Sony Xperia fanboys insisted that the 'comeback' was on, Sony just needed to do more 'marketing' and those Apple and Samsung customers would flock to Sony.

LOL.

Oh, and Sony's stubborn insistence on having the Sony brand tax, even on its midrange phones, destroyed all hopes of that so-called 'comeback'.

P.S: If you want a budget or midrange Android phone but still want a Japanese brand one, I refer you to Sharp Aquos. Sharp's offerings are much better than whatever Sony is trying to do.

Not funny Don't laugh

Quote from: LOL on September 03, 2024, 03:10:09P.S: If you want a budget or midrange Android phone but still want a Japanese brand one, I refer you to Sharp Aquos. Sharp's offerings are much better than whatever Sony is trying to do.

I do like Sharp as brand. Unfortunately, where I live they aren't sold anywhere (even through Amazon). Sony by contrast I can find everywhere. So I most likely am thinking about gravitating towards getting a Xperia 10 VI, despite being overpriced and underspecced. And this is coming from someone currently typing on a OnePlus 12R. :p

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview