News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

US Senate passes “Kids Online Safety Act” (KOSA) to protect children online

Started by Redaktion, August 03, 2024, 04:44:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The US Senate has passed the "Kids Online Safety Act" (KOSA) to protect children online. The bill requires large social media, online gaming, and virtual reality sites that act as forums for user-generated content to actively prevent minors under 17 from harm. Safeguards include limits on ads, communications with minors, geolocation, automatic recommendation, and time use.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/US-Senate-passes-Kids-Online-Safety-Act-KOSA-to-protect-children-online.870633.0.html

TruthIsThere

Yeah, definitely a Trojan horse that is masked as "what about the children" - "save the children" masked lie.

It's amazing that my grandparents (their parents), my parents or myself did not needed all of these "what about the children" ect. Trojan laws when we were children but today, "today's children" need help from predators, ect.?!?!

GTFOH!!

All so-called save the children from bullies, ect. IS ONLY AN EXCUSE to open the door to implement laws to breach our privacy and our rights.

This is just another... SPY / TRACKING / ect. contraption.

You are no longer YOU anymore. Elections have consequences, folks! 4REAL!

Real NikoB

Any covering up of a normative act to restrict freedom of speech with words "for the sake of children" is a sure path to a totalitarian society.

Benji

Mecroaggressions and minor bullying, lmao. "Early AND often!", as a wise man once said. But yeah, I have complete trust that the American politicians know anything about anything, that this law hasn't already been rewritten by lobbyists and committees (as is commonly the case, as described to me a few years ago by a person working on Capitol Hill), and that these social media corporations give any **** about children's wellbeing.

Surely this won't be used to show your kids even more specific targeted advertising to try and turn them into better consoomers, and won't be used to more quickly ban you when you do a wrongthink. We have to keep children sheltered from any "conspiracy theory" that doesn't align with <insert current regime here>'s ideas, you know.

Real NikoB

Any moderation and censorship in social networks should automatically bring any company that owns it to the dock, like any press.

Adults who are officially capable (as described in the law) are obliged to understand any information that comes to them (let me remind you that not knowing the law does not exempt you from responsibility, which clearly indicates that problems arising due to incorrect understanding of information are the problems of an adult individual and no one else, if he is officially, legally considered capable). Children have no place on social networks; they have no legal capacity unless they are legally emancipated through the courts.

Thus, any censorship, i.e. moderation and manipulation are possible only with the full responsibility of the owners of the public platform for the exchange of opinions. Only a pure exchange of opinions is not subject to liability on the part of the owners of such a site.

All social networks and sites directly violate the "230" law of the USA.

Gebez

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview