News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Tesla Cybertruck taken to tractor pull dominates diesel-powered 2500-class pickup trucks

Started by Redaktion, August 01, 2024, 15:59:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Thanks to the recent off-road update, the Tesla Cybertruck now has the ability to lock front and rear differentials, making it a beast for high-traction pulling. In a recent tractor pull event, the Cybertruck emerged victorious in the 2500-class, dominating diesel-powered pickup trucks.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Tesla-Cybertruck-taken-to-tractor-pull-dominates-diesel-powered-2500-class-pickup-trucks.870552.0.html

JimJFox

Anyone with a functioning brain (which eliminates you).
I didn't know that a tractor pull was a RACE!

Allen Fischer

When industrial forklifts began the transition to electrics it was a sign of things to come. The plant I work in still has 1 gas truck but has 7 electrics, mostly ac-drive. The electric trucks are awesome machines. The transition in the automotive realm will need more time to get it right but I think its inevitable. The efficiency gains for electric are just to significant over gas & diesel. Fuels like hydrogen also have potential, once costs come down.

Richard Wren

Any of these motors is powerful enough to drag any of the other vehicles, so it basically comes down to traction. The major factors would be force normal to the surface (i.e.  weight), coefficient of friction of the tire-ground couple, and tangential force supplied to the base of the tires.  No information was given about weigt, but I'm guessing the Cybertruck has a weight advantage.  Also, no useful information was suppled about the tires, other than stock street tires vs. specialized tires.  As far as force applied, I would have guessed that torque vectoring would be superior to locking differentials, but apparently I was wrong.  So in this case the locking diffs tipped the balance in favor of the CT.  These pulling competitions are essentially meaningless unless you can isolate each of these factors by holding the others constant. 

CaTx

Congrats to to CT for winning a 300 ft pull.  Let me know when it wins pulling a trailer 300 miles, you know, when it's useful for doing truck stuff.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview