News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus ProArt PX13 review - The world's fastest 13.3-inch 2-in-1 thanks to AMD Zen 5 and RTX 4070 laptop

Started by Redaktion, July 29, 2024, 10:01:19

Previous topic - Next topic

George

While I'm a BIG FAN of 'shoehorning' capable hardware in smaller form factors (Disclaimer: I own an aging Razor Stealth) I'm not quite sure of the market & use for this product is.

IMHO: the big challenges in the 13" segment is finding room for effective cooling and stuffing enough Wh of batteries to keep the system going.

Given that the iGPU ought to be 'good enough' I question why they bothered with adding a dGPU in the first place. (video editing?)

Even more confusing why Team Red & Team Blue Fanboi's are pitching fights with each other in the comments on THIS product. :)

indy

Quote from: Myname12321 on July 29, 2024, 17:58:36What about uefi boot firmware?
Have they fixed the issue with publishing test keys???

No, they haven't and won't fix this. Relying on OEMs to secure their own systems was never going to be a thing.

serik123

Quote from: vladteapa on July 29, 2024, 10:42:07Too expensive for what actually is inside.

Quote from: haha on July 29, 2024, 19:18:26It's not 2-in-1, it's a normal laptop.

they say "it also comes with a GeForce 4070 laptop", so its 2-in-1 and actually not expensive for 2 laptops

Steve1

Quote from: heffeque on July 31, 2024, 12:12:57Convertible is a type of 2-in-1.
There's no "tablet" in this to call it 2-in-1 outside of marketing and copypasted articles. Thing with keyboard on the back isn't a tablet. Back in the day we called the likes of it convertible.

heffeque

George

Quote from: heffeque on July 31, 2024, 12:22:19You fold it backwards -> Tablet.
Let's see what ASUS thinks
QuoteMeet ProArt PX13 – your go-to 13-inch convertible laptop, designed to effortlessly switch between forms
QuoteCrafted for seamless portability, durability, and adaptability, the convertible ProArt PX13 lets your inspiration flow freely wherever you go.

Starjack

Yeah, "several laptops", nothing confirmed or verified at all. I used to have an AMD laptop, it died. It must mean that all AMD-based laptops are dying, right? Like AMD, Apple or Qualcomm are not known to have officially confirmed design flaws at all in their mobile chips... 

But when it comes to dealing with major chipset manufacturers whether Intel, AMD or Apple and there's flaws going on with either of their chipsets, there's no such thing as few or several devices having it.

heffeque

Quote from: Steve1 on August 01, 2024, 17:07:08No, it's a folded backwards laptop.
Don't be a marketing tool.
What's the difference other than thickness/weight.
Why do you seem angry. Are you OK?

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview