News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Better than Tiny11: Here's how to debloat Windows 11 using Microsoft's own tools

Started by Redaktion, July 27, 2024, 20:22:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Windows 11 is packed full of garbage which is one of the reasons people are determined to stick with Windows 10 or look for alternatives. Tiny11 is impressive, especially now it works on all Windows 11 variants. However there is an easier way that utilises Microsoft's own tools to create a bloat free Windows 11 installer in seconds.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Better-than-Tiny11-Here-s-how-to-debloat-Windows-11-using-Microsoft-s-own-tools.868204.0.html

alan

If you dig deeper, the unattended install file by memtechtips also includes ps scripts from chris titus tech that removes or disables a lot of bloat. so it's not exactly a pure Microsoft tool.

i use the core version on my personal daily device a surface pro 7+ and am very pleased with how lightweight and snappy it feels. after initial setup you can use winget to get surface app to find all the extra drivers needed. without this app, touch doesn't work properly. unfortunately it also requires edge which can also be installed via winget.

NikoB

Windows 7 uses only 600-700 MB of RAM for the system after optimization and it is much faster even visually in response.

The most shameful minus of W8.1-W11 is the absence even in the pro/enterprise versions of the classic theme without the idiotic huge window control buttons for stupid housewives.

In fact, after W7, M$ did not have a professional version of Windows.

Randy

Wait, what do you mean, "will stop microsoft from pushing out unwanted features to your machine for a period of twelve months?" What happens after 12 months? Do we have to do this dance all over again? I have be on guard forever! I am so done with Microsoft.

Vince

And, what about for a current installation of Windows 11? It looks like this script only can be implemented pre-installation. I already have a Windows 11 installation setup - so, what is the best manner for debloating my current Windows installation?

c

Quote from: Vince on July 28, 2024, 14:58:53And, what about for a current installation of Windows 11? It looks like this script only can be implemented pre-installation. I already have a Windows 11 installation setup - so, what is the best manner for debloating my current Windows installation?

No one answered, so I will take a guess for you. Take it with a Pillar or a Mine of salt:

Use Tiny11 instead. Believe that works ex post bloato.

Santo El Halper

A

Quote from: Santo El Halper on July 28, 2024, 16:08:58
Quote from: indy on July 27, 2024, 21:50:59Quietly pets Linux laptop.
Do you think 2035 will finally be the year of the Linux desktop?

Whenever one chooses to install linux on their PC is when it is the year of the linux desktop.

Grumpy Cat

And by the time you finish debloating that will probably breaks some other essential Windows service or corrupt updates, it's probably not with it. Just use CCT Tools and be happy.

Hotz

Quote from: Grumpy Cat on July 29, 2024, 13:13:37And by the time you finish debloating that will probably breaks some other essential Windows service or corrupt updates, it's probably not with it. Just use CCT Tools and be happy.

Absolutely. I remember I did that "Tiny/Debloater" thing in the past with older Windows versions, and in fact did break essential Windows services multiple times. By the time I achieved a (seemingly) bug-free version, the "debloated" CD was almost the same size as the original CD. Totally not worth the many hours spent on it and its questionable results. Really not a thing I would recommend to anyone. Better install the original ROM and then use ShutUp10++.

Hotz

QuoteDue to the way autounattend.xml files work, Windows UAC is disabled by default, so if this is something that gives you peace of mind, be sure to turn it back on in the Control Panel.

Uhm yeah... this is baaaaad. Veeeery baaaaad. Disabled UAC is an open door for any Malware. I experienced that myself the hard way multiple times. If UAC was on the computer stayed safe and clean.

Just shows again that these tools are nothing for the average computer user. Heck.. not even for me anymore.

George

Quote from: NikoB on July 28, 2024, 12:03:05Windows 7 uses only 600-700 MB of RAM for the system after optimization
Absolutely normal Win10 with defender disabled is 800Mb RAM, stop using that outdated crap, you don't save anything.

NikoB

Quote from: George on July 29, 2024, 21:34:33Absolutely normal Win10 with defender disabled is 800Mb RAM
Yes, LTSC 1809. But the trash versions of Windows 8+ even in the "Pro"+ editions do not have the classic theme. This excludes their normal use with extremely packed UI interfaces - they simply do not fit on that screen in terms of resolution.

The morons at M$ essentially removed the real "Pro" versions from sale, because the last real "Pro" version with the classic theme with compact window control buttons is W7

NikoB

By the way - disabling Defender at the level of the file integrity control subsystem is a bad idea. Antivirus is 100% crap, but integrity and access control to folders and files is extremely important. You will have to install something independent, but there are no good options on the market anymore.

Windows Firewall is also extremely inconvenient to configure in all versions and the default settings are a hole in the Internet.

In fact, today there is no successful free or commercial solution that meets 3 requirements:
1. Flexible and conveniently configurable at the UI level, a trainable firewall with an access password.
2. File integrity control system.
3. Access control system to folders and files (watch-dog reporting who requires access with a visual notification) independent of the Windows kernel for obvious reasons.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview