News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung delivers 600-mile solid-state EV battery as it teases 9-minute charging and 20-year lifespan tech

Started by Redaktion, July 26, 2024, 14:55:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave0091

Quote from: NikoB on July 26, 2024, 22:26:12When will smartphones have batteries that charge in 9 minutes with the same resource?

We're seeing phones reach 50 percent charge in six minutes...takes four times that to charge from zero to 100. That's lightning fast with chargers accessible in couch and batteries lasting all day.

I don't think the average consumer would pay much more for faster charging - I'd opt for the model that costs less and charges at today's speeds. EVs on the other hand? I won't consider one at the speeds and capacities on the market today.

Unverified BS

Calling BS on this, no specifications, no references, no evidence.  And a claim from a company who promised satellite connections in their 2024 phones, but lied?  Yeah, click bait, false advertising, going to ban this site.

kriskret

James lapine

Graphine Manufacturing Groups aluminum ion battery will make this obsolete overnight. No heat, 100% recyclable and ultra fast charge.

B

Quote from: NikoB on July 26, 2024, 22:26:12When will smartphones have batteries that charge in 9 minutes with the same resource?

Enovix batteries: 100% silicon anode with fast charge will be hitting the market for smartphones and IOT in the 1st 1/2 of 2025 I believe. Grand opening of their high volume fab next month. Looks promising.

Dayan Halim

Lee S

Jokes on them when they cannot even put in a smartphone a sub-30 minute fast charging tech 😂

Brisket

Jimbo54849

My great grandfather told me that most people scoffed at the notion of gas powered cars. The roads were horrible and there were almost no gas stations.

People also asked what was the point of the Wright brothers flying a hundred yards over a sand dune.

New technology takes time but very soon the gas engine will be remnant of the past.

Even Ferrari is making ev's.

Rolls Royce as well.

ricegf

Quote from: Ednumero on July 27, 2024, 04:23:26The core issue I see is range taking the place of more meaningful metrics like Wh/kg. I imagine fewer people would take issue if they saw sensationalist range figures reliably leading into more level-headed discussions on the actual tangible achievements of the cells.

You mean like this article?

Because the discussion on range immediately transitioned into Wh/kg (with a clear explanation of the range projections) and then into comparative cost and performance of competitive battery technologies.

Sounds meaningful to me.

Bobby McGee

I dont have range anxiety, I have charging anxiety.  It doesn't matter if I have driven 200 miles or 1000 miles when I need to find a charger, the same anxiety kicks in.  So build an EV with 300 miles range with ½ the batteries.

Awe Sum

Quote from: Jimbo54849 on July 28, 2024, 17:58:06My great grandfather told me that most people scoffed at the notion of gas powered cars. The roads were horrible and there were almost no gas stations.

People also asked what was the point of the Wright brothers flying a hundred yards over a sand dune.

New technology takes time but very soon the gas engine will be remnant of the past.

Even Ferrari is making ev's.

Rolls Royce as well.
You are spot on. The amount of money being dumped into battery tech and the amount of competition gives me an electric orgasm.

Samsung has been crazy good at making batteries and will be able to keep up with the fast growing battery tech.

In ten years it won't be an issue of charge times and range, it will be a public utility issue. The ability to capture, store, and generate electricity will be expensive. 

High demand and lack of taxes being generated from fossil fuel consumption will shift to the electric utility. 

The company that creates an affordable solution to this problem will be a large part of my stock portfolio. 

Julian Hudson

I'm not impressed one bit. A 20 year life span is nothing compared to the lifespan, speed with which you can fill it and the fact you can fill it 100%. Don't forget a gasoline tank is a simple hollow container that sits in an area of the car where it's protected in the event of an accident. Gasoline tanks are also cheap to replace should it ever be necessary.
What's the point in buying a vehicle where a significant percentage of the financed price is dedicated to soring the fuel that powers the vehicle rather than to enhancing the performance and longevity of the vehicle?
E.V.'s are a scam. When you come down to it cars are about physics. Body design, weight, airflow, friction of the tires on the road etc. The power source is a matter of weight, energy density, durability, expense etc.
Having a battery powered car makes as much sense as an employer devoting twice the footage of his retail space to bathrooms. The economics of fuel source favors petrol as opposed to electricity for reason of physics and the plain fact that electricity isnt a fuel. It is a manufactured product that yields less net energy to the system every step of the way.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview