News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel Core Ultra 9 285K offers meagre performance improvement over Core i9-14900K in leaked benchmarks

Started by Redaktion, July 24, 2024, 19:43:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

New benchmarks of Intel's upcoming Core Ultra 9 285K desktop chip have been posted online. In Cinebench R23, the Arrow Lake outperforms its Raptor Lake counterpart by 18%, but the gains are a lot less impressive in other tests.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-Ultra-9-285K-offers-meagre-performance-improvement-over-Core-i9-14900K-in-leaked-benchmarks.866934.0.html

George

Humm...

I'm still trying to get over the fact that the current "press" seems to think that gains that are less than %25-30 are some how "impressive"...

Mr Majestyk

Quote from: George on July 24, 2024, 22:27:52Humm...

I'm still trying to get over the fact that the current "press" seems to think that gains that are less than %25-30 are some how "impressive"...

They also forget Arrow Lake does not have hyperthreading, so it only has 24 threads vs cRaptor Lake's 32 threads, and it still beat in cinebench. This shows the new Skymont E cores are vastly better than the cRaptor Lake's Gracemont E cores.

NikoB

Starting with Meteor Lake, all Intel series lose to AlderLake and RaptorLake by up to 80% in performance in Cinebench R15.

In fact, Intel, as a power cheat and now forced to limit it, has stepped on its own tail and is now desperately trying to prove to customers that 2500-3000 points in CBR15 is better than 5000+. Which just looks ridiculous and shameful. Naturally, these 5000+ were achieved by monstrous consumption, but they were, and now they are gone... disappeared like morning dew, and Intel pretends that nothing happened, although the performance of laptops with Intel has dropped sharply even against the background of its own series 13-14, not to mention last year's 7945HX, laptops with which were and remain a huge shortage, as well as Zen4 Phoenix, even in the USA and Europe, which is not surprising given Intel's market share compared to AMD 5:1...

AMD did not voluntarily take the market from Intel for 5 years when it could have...

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview