News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

When exactly did web browsers turn into helicopter parents?

Started by Redaktion, July 24, 2024, 01:01:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

We're sorry, but unfortunately NBC Notebookprotect Safe Browsing filter doesn't recognise this blurb. This article might try to do unpredictable things to your computer.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/When-exactly-did-web-browsers-turn-into-helicopter-parents.866604.0.html

Gallo123

This is the result of competition being squashed by big tech from the US. Combined with misinformation comming from companies like Apple pushing privacy/security scares we get what we have.

I am also beginning to see a new generation of people who think apps only come from an app store. Scary stuff.

George

Ahhh yes the 'nanny state' where 'someone' claims to know best...

While it is debatable if the 'big three' (Apple, Google & Microsoft) ACTUALLY test, scan and qualify/verify the software on their 'stores' for hidden nasties the reality is that in some (or ALL!?) cases little to NONE is done to 'filter' what they offer on their 'store fronts' vs what you may get elsewhere.

I recall MANY stories of COUNTLESS 'Playstore APPS' with equally countless nasties embedded in them.

What to do with the senseless USER whom likes to CLICK and DOWNLOAD & INSTALL anything and everything onto their device?

If only Operating System Platforms had some sort of 'embedded' security so that the user could not randomly & accidently over write critical files...

I do recall MS OS's complaining about the download and install of FireFox. :)

Hjf

Disgusting behaviour. I dodge all software like that. A browser is a gate to the internet, I don't need it to be a boy scanner.

indy

Use Firefox.
Not Smug, just humble.

Have tried other browsers.  Chrome, when it first started, actually intrigued me.

But I can't have extensions on Chrome on Android.

Firefox has always done what I need it to do.  Maybe not the fastest; but speed isn't important when you just want to block elements, browse the way you want to browse.

I have been blocking ads and elements for decades.  People don't realize how much crap there is on web pages, that has no relevance to the site or content.  For popular sites I visit, I remove those elements, and get the information I need.  SO, sure, Chrome may "load crap faster," but I want no crap, and slower is OK, too.

Happens to come on a great open source OS, kubuntu, which took me minutes to adjust to.

No nagging.
Warnings are minimal and even then, I can disable them.
Pages are displayed exactly how I want them to, or I make them do so.
win/win.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview