News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Tesla Cybertruck owners find registration loopholes in Europe

Started by Redaktion, July 23, 2024, 18:09:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

While Elon Musk said that Tesla will have to make the Cybertruck design inferior to get it approved for sale in Europe in 2025, some enterprising owners have found ways to register the American version there already.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Tesla-Cybertruck-owners-find-registration-loopholes-in-Europe.866572.0.html

heffeque

I hope Cybertruck owners get fined extensively in Europe.

Bring the Model 2 already and leave the pedestrian killing machines in the US, where pedestrian lives have no value (or at least that's what US legislation seems to suggest).

Robin1

Obsessed with the authors opinion that making a vehicle LESS likely to chop limbs off of people would make it a worse product. Is the limb chopping capabilities of the Cybertruck design part of the appeal for you? What an incredible thing to just admit on the internet like that.

houninym

So Tesla chief engineer believes improving pedestrian safety makes the battery electric scythe a worse product? That says more about Tesla's world view than anything.

anan

It is likely that one wouldn't be able to register a cybertruck as a "car" in Europe even if it did have "rounder corners". It's total mass alone puts it into the truck/lorry/commercial vehicle category. This necessitates a commercial drivers license and special registration.
But I wonder how did they insure it. They either had to pay through the nose or get some side deal. It is difficult to insure model 3/s/y in our country that does not have an official Tesla dealership.
But yeah, where there is will there is a way... and throwing a lot of cash likely helps solve those pesky regulatory rules /s.
Hopefully no pedestrian is ever hit with those rolling cleavers.

Alex86

Joe

Imagine being this dogged about getting your ugly, dangerous, ramshackle laughter-magnet onto the roads of a society that doesn't want them. I bless the rain.

Mmmm

Eu requirement is 2.5mm for exterior projections. Of course you can get a Radius over 2.5mm on any thickness of stainless steel.

Dreadpirateflappy

Quote from: Alex86 on July 24, 2024, 11:03:07Stupid European laws, can't wait to see these beasts in Europe.

God forbid the EU wants both pedestrians and occupants to be safe... What utter scum. /s

Hunter

Did the Tesla designer really say it's impossible to make a 3.5mm radius out of 1.4mm steel? Is he that stupid, or does he just think we are? Paging Bender Bending Rodriguez to sort this out for them...

Christian Gross

This is not a loophole, it is classification as a truck. That has ramifications on its own. I sure hope they don't drive faster than 80 or 90 KPH. For if they do they will get one heck of a ticket. They also have to have a truck drivers license because the PTAC of the car will exceed 3500.

Honestly it is not clever it is stupid. I knew you could do that, but would never want to do it because of the restrictions.

Fake plate

"S WP1" is not a valid licence plate in the Polish system. This "car" does not have a mandatory liability insurance and never had. Impossible to register without it. It looks like it has been photoshopped. Source: ufg.pl

George

Quote from: Fake plate on July 25, 2024, 07:53:30"S WP1" is not a valid licence plate in the Polish system. This "car" does not have a mandatory liability insurance and never had. Impossible to register without it. It looks like it has been photoshopped. Source: ufg.pl
You don't know much about Polish number plates. It's absolutely legal and not photoshopped. You can design your own private number plate if you pay.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview