News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus ROG Ally X Review - The best gaming handheld thanks to faster RAM and a huge 80 Wh battery

Started by Redaktion, July 22, 2024, 07:01:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The new Asus ROG Ally X is the updated version of the ROG Ally and still uses the same AMD processor as well as 7-inch IPS panel, but almost every other aspect has been improved. In addition to improved ergonomics and better joysticks, the gaming handheld benefits from additional memory as well as the larger 80 Wh battery.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-ROG-Ally-X-Review-The-best-gaming-handheld-thanks-to-faster-RAM-and-a-huge-80-Wh-battery.865721.0.html

Andres

I think we all know that it is the best handheld console and even more so with the AMD Z1 processor the price is high but when someone wants the best they will have to pay for it.
It has already been shown that the MSI Claw with an Intel processor has been a ruin and lost billions of dollars, in addition to many lawsuits and claims, now we only have to wait for a console with the new AMD Zen 5 and RNDA 3.5

DAvesde

Why is this review on top again and again?

PLZ dont tell me Notebookcheck is getting paid by companies to push certain reviews on top for exposure.

What is the point of your highlighted UNBIASED reporting/review?

CONCERNED

Dan6

I would point that it's best Windows handheld. I'm not a Steam Deck fan, but man.. SD by far has better experience - I was playing the game after an hour after unboxing it and setting all up. With Rog Ally I fu**ed for 5 hours before starting playing the game - Windows configuration, Armory configuration, updates in 3 different places, bloatware. I bought it because was thinking that it will be better to play WoW, but it lacks trackpad, so I had to connect external mouse, while on SD I was able to play without it. Still on SD it's not an ideal experience either - BattleNet occasionally fails to start. So for me if the game is not supported on SD - then Ally is your best and only choice, but otherwise SD is better.

George

As the owner of the 'slow' version of the Ally, we all could of hoped that the faster memory & larger battery had come with ALL versions of the handheld. :(

IMHO: I'm guessing that a fairly LARGE percentage of handheld gaming use is via tethered to a USBC power source as none of these can last very long on a charge.

Speaking of 'tethering', in the future I'd hope that 'stripped down' versions of WIN11 might alternatively be available for mostly embedded handheld gaming systems instead of the full blown bloatware we have to suffer with today.

After all, the ONLY reason these devices have WIN on them is that the overwhelming majority of games released run natively on it.

Russell

I have the original asus rog extreme and would upgrade to the x if it only had two more thongs:

A. A slightly larger screen

B. An oled screen

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview