News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad P14s G5 laptop review - The mobile workstation now with an RTX 500 Ada and a 3K IPS panel

Started by Redaktion, July 20, 2024, 16:55:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Lenovo has given the Intel version of the ThinkPad P14s G5 a completely new case including a 3K IPS panel. Apart from this, the mobile workstation is equipped with a current Meteor Lake processor as well as the Nvidia RTX 500 Ada—plus, it boasts good maintenance options. Is its development going in the right direction again?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-P14s-G5-laptop-review-The-mobile-workstation-now-with-an-RTX-500-Ada-and-a-3K-IPS-panel.864851.0.html

chris@amd

Horrific battery life. the panel isn't even OLED, but consumes like one. getting a zepyrus 14" is by far a better choice in any metrics but ram. i believe new proArt p16 with HX370 could have 64gb ram, far better deal considering price.

LL

Quoteno sRGB profile
-
high fan activity

Are we back to 2010's?

To not even talk about a 4GB VRAM GPU. That might only work for basic CAD work and no GPU rendering.

igs417

I wonder how much RTX 500 Ada is affecting relatively low battery life result (473 minutes in WiFi 1.3 test)?

Lenovo Yoga Pro 7 14IMH9 with very same Ultra 7 155H, 3K IPS display and 75Wh battery scores *680 minutes (44% better)* in very same WiFi 1.3 standardized test in Notebookcheck review published in March.

Consumption results show big difference as well:

- idle average: 13.5W P14s -> 5.5W Yoga (-59%)
- load average: 100W P14s -> 65W Yoga (-34%)

Sure, Yoga has different power limits: 50/80W P14s vs 55/64W Yoga, but that difference is much less than what we see in battery/consumption.

Is RTX 500 ADA really such power drain or I'm missing something?

NikoB

Since this is Intel+NVidia, which do not have an autocalibrator by EDID matrix, unlike AMD drivers and Lenovo did not even make an accurate sRGB profile, all buyers will initially suffer with the screen due to toxically oversaturated colors (red faces, toxic green grass, etc.), since the screen panel has a color coverage of more than 100% sRGB, and most software cannot work with the color management system even with an icm profile for sRGB. With which I congratulate potential buyers.

The memory latency is too high. RJ45 is only 1Gbps, which is shameful for 2024. At the same time, the WLAN module is outdated - greedy Lenovo regretted +10$ on BE200 with Wi-Fi7 from Intel...

The description has a childish mistake (the technical illiteracy of translators from German to English is simply amazing - why hire people who are not up to date with technology for this?) - supposedly 65GB of RAM is installed.

A rather boring laptop at an inflated price. They should have returned eSATA there. There is nothing to test mobile HDD with now...

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview