News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel's own blunders have it backed into a corner as AMD Zen 5 chips near

Started by Redaktion, July 19, 2024, 19:22:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Intel's recent Alder Lake and Raptor Lake i9s are plagued by system crashes that can be traced back to their excessive voltage and wattage. AMD might seize the opportunity with the release of Zen 5 and while Arrow Lake and Lunar Lake are coming to try and fight back, what difference will it make if Intel's reputation is ruined by then?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-s-own-blunders-have-it-backed-into-a-corner-as-AMD-Zen-5-chips-near.865041.0.html

JULIA_ROBERTS

In the computer forums, most people are very clear about it, Intel has never had REFRITS for 5 years, and AMD has made such a big leap in performance in both CPU, iGPU, and NPU that it surpasses AMD in all three aspects.
In addition, the problems of high temperature and high energy consumption are essential in laptops in recent years where AMD has surpassed Intel with its new Zen architectures.

M.M.

The (very large) company I work at uses Alder Lake workstations with i9s, and they have the best service record.. like ever.  I'm using one right now, and it's rock solid -- much moreso than the threadripper I had before, which I had to downclock, to keep from overheating.

This talk about a couple over-voltage uses of these chips is ridiculous.

Hotz

@M.M.

The article is actually wrong. The error affects only Raptor Lake (13th/14th gen). Alder Lake (12th gen) isn't affected by the problem.

Hotz

Quote from: Hotz on July 29, 2024, 20:14:10The article is actually wrong.

*Correction: article isn't totally wrong, just the part with Alder Lake is wrong.

NikoB

Why this stupid attack on the fan from the author?

He compares the incomparable. The new Zen5 came out only for laptops and only for the energy-efficient segment, not the productive one, because the top Zen 5 Strix loses almost 2 times to the old Zen4 7945HX in pure performance.

Intel's problems do NOT concern mass SoC lines for laptops and desktops. Therefore, 95% of buyers DO NOT CARE about the problems with HEDT processors and SoC for laptops - they have never bought them and will never buy them.

If Intel has ruined its reputation, it is only with crazy testers and 5% of buyers of HEDT segment, whom they essentially do not care about. Where will they go?

Only the mass segment brings real profit, and there are no problems there.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview