News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

First built-in NACS ports spotted on KIA EV6 and Ioniq 5 at a Supercharger as Tesla sues adapter maker

Started by Redaktion, July 17, 2024, 18:06:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

Until non-Tesla chargers have NACS capability cars with NACS ports, including Teslas, will need an adapter to charge everywhere. Tesla sells a CCS adapter for $250 and a J1772 adapter for $50. Older Teslas require a retrofit to use the CCS adapter. It cost $350 for the retrofit, which included labor and the adapter, for our 2018 Model 3.

Even with an adapter, non-Teslas will not be able to use older Tesla Superchargers until those Superchargers are upgraded. See the Ford announcement. There are still a lot of Superchargers which haven't been upgraded. Plugshare show whether a Supercharger location is open to other makes, although it may not be up to date.

Right now my Tesla can charge at almost any public charger. It's going to be a while before other makes catch up.

Geffen

That guy

How about tesla allow access to ALL evs and not just pick and choose.  I've pulled up to a lot and nothing but 20 tesla chargers and across the road had 1 ccs charger that was taken up for a couple hours.

Tesla, get a grip and allow others access.

George

How about Teala leave adapter makers alone! First of all Tesla doesn't make all the necessary adapters, for example if you export a Tesla from US to Europe, there is no official Tesla adapter. I use a Chinese adapter and it has been working fine for over 2 years.
These shenanigans are childish and stupid, it's the equivalent of a car maker suing a roof box manufacturer because they make roof boxes for their cars without their blessing.
Manufacturers MUST finally learn that they don't own the car once it's sold! We as OWNERS have the freedom to buy or manufacture ourselves all the adapters we need or want.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview