News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Tesla Cybertruck's range while towing 11,000 pounds gets almost doubled by Chevy Silverado EV towing the same load, as revealed by real life test

Started by Redaktion, July 17, 2024, 16:14:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Tesla Cybertruck has seldom been a stranger to controversy ever since it was unveiled. While the pickup boasts impressive specifications, recent testing by various YouTubers and owners has confirmed that the Cybertruck suffers from abysmal range when towing significant loads. In a recent test, the Chevy Silverado 4WT managed a range of about 177 miles while towing a 11,000-pound load, almost doubling the Cybertruck's paltry 90 miles in the same test.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Tesla-Cybertruck-s-range-while-towing-11-000-pounds-gets-almost-doubled-by-Chevy-Silverado-EV-towing-the-same-load-as-revealed-by-real-life-test.862227.0.html

jack1243

This article confuses me... You say that cybertruck did 90 miles in winter with 123kw battery pack. Yet Chev-y, did 177 miles in summer with a 200+kw battery pack. Which, means that if it's at 200kw exactly, it's 38.5% larger...

so, it means cybertruck would do ~125 miles, with 200kw pack, in winter. But, if Chev-y's is 210 or 220 or 230kw, that range will obviously go higher. Also, winter and summer are quite different too. I am not sure how much it's worse, but even at 90%, at 200kh exactly, it becomes close to 138miles...

This article is as useful as comparing crime and punishment for theft now vs 2000 years ago.

Jerasadar

This isn't really Apples to Apples. Granted, the Cybertruck isn't great for towing long distances, it wasn't designed to be. However it would be interesting to see a real world test of the Cybertruck vs Lightening vs Chevy vs Rivian all pulling an aerodynamic trailer with the same load in the same conditions. Actually, I think Out of Spec reviews already did that. I'll go review, but I'm curious what the kwh/mi differences are between the different brands and the different versions. Is the Cyberbeast more or less efficient than the Dual Motor? How much of the range difference is due to battery capacity vs inherit efficiency of the design? Has anyone tested the ranger extending battery pack that can be purchased for the CT? So many unanswered questions.

Nathan123

I agree with Jerasadar, this is not apples to apples so it's a s*** article. If the test conditions are not comparable there results are not comparable. End of story.

Gorish

Lol - nice clickbait, but a great example to show my students on how statistics can be abused & used to mislead.
Maybe I can have them make absurd comparisons while using real stats, as a wrap-up to a unit. 

Inspiring! 🙏🏼

Hank lama

I wish there was a way to block any article written by this person. Worst review ever. As a scientist you can only compare under the same conditions. This guy just needs content so he wrote about absolutely nothing. I wish I could sue for my time back. lol

SomeGuy99

Listen... you hate Elon but you love the environment. The Cybertruck is an electric truck. Literally the downside to any electric vehicle is low range when compared to nearly every gas combustion car. Everyone knows this. What you're saying isn't shocking or controversial. You're only trying to damage Tesla's reputation which at best won't work or at worst will prevent people from adopting early technology which will help save the planet.

C M Brown

I will keep my Ford Excursion and my Ford F250,, both are 20 years old and have the 6.0 Diesel motors in them. The Excursion gets 18-28 mpg and the F250 gets 16-28 on the highway. The Excursion has a 44 gallon fuel tank and the F250 a 37 gallon tank. I will not trade either one of them for any of the limited ev vehicles out there.

Lumpy

I'm anything but a Tesla fan. However, upon more than a cursory glance, this looks to be a garbage clickbait article, with lots of apples to oranges tyoe of 'comparisons' evident. Disappointing and lazy at best.

Cj

Which Cybertruck was used? There's a big difference between all three versions. If the cheapest one was used, then that explains a lot. If the most expensive one was used, then I doubt the results.

RS

I'm sitting in a campground in Georgia. The camper next door was pulled by a 23 Ford Lightning with ext range battery. Camper is small, maybe loaded 6000# at the most. The owner reported no more than 90 miles between charges. Charges took about an hour each time to reach 80%. He and his family don't want to ever tow with it again.

JHC

Rudy

Joe

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview