News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Seeking laptop purchase advice: mainly for 3D scanning and modeling

Started by Abigail, July 10, 2024, 11:44:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Abigail

Hi everyone!
I recently planned to buy a new laptop, mainly for connecting to scanners and running modeling software. Since there are so many choices on the market, I hope to get some professional advice to find the laptop that best suits my needs. Here are my specific needs:
1. Using scanners: I need a laptop that can efficiently connect and use scanners and handle a large number of scanned files. I am currently using a POP3 3D scanner
2. Running modeling software: I often use some resource-intensive modeling software, such as AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Blender, etc., so I need a laptop that can run these programs smoothly.

Specific requirements
1. Processor (CPU):
Hope to be equipped with at least Intel Core i7 11th generation or higher, or AMD Ryzen 7 5000 series or newer processors to ensure sufficient processing power.
2. Memory (RAM):
At least 16GB of memory is required, and 32GB is more ideal to be able to handle complex models and multitasking.
3. Graphics card (GPU):
An NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 or higher, or an AMD Radeon RX 6700M or higher graphics card is expected to meet high-performance graphics processing needs.
4. Storage:
A fast and large-capacity storage solution is required, at least a 1TB SSD, so that large amounts of data can be read and written quickly.
5. Display:
A high-resolution and color-accurate display is expected, at least 15.6 inches with a resolution of 1080p or higher. If the budget allows, a 4K display would be better.
6. Connection ports:
Sufficient interfaces are required to connect scanners and other peripherals, including USB 3.0/3.1/3.2 ports, USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 or 4 interfaces, and HDMI or DisplayPort.
7. Battery life:
A long battery life of at least 6 hours is expected for working outside.

Budget range
My budget is about 2000-3000 USD, but if there is a product with a particularly high cost performance, the budget can be adjusted appropriately.

Other considerations
Reputation of brand and after-sales service
Portability and weight
Heat dissipation performance
Please help recommend some laptop models that suit my needs, or share some experience and precautions for buying laptops. Thank you very much for your help!

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview