News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Urgent Help Needed with System Servers – Frequent Downtime Issues

Started by charliekatherine, July 09, 2024, 08:57:10

Previous topic - Next topic

charliekatherine

Hi everyone,

I'm reaching out to the community because I'm facing a critical issue that's seriously impacting my work. We recently upgraded our data center and implemented several 2U rack server to handle our increased workload. However, since the upgrade, we've been experiencing frequent and unexpected downtimes. This has been causing major disruptions to our operations, and I'm running out of ideas on how to resolve it.

Here are the details:

Server Model: We're using a mix of Dell PowerEdge R740 and HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen10 servers.
Configuration: Each server is equipped with dual Intel Xeon Silver 4214R processors, 256GB of RAM, and a mix of SSD and HDD storage.
Network: We have a 10GbE network infrastructure.
Issue: The servers randomly go offline, and we're seeing inconsistent error logs. Sometimes it points to network issues, other times to hardware failures. We've checked and rechecked the physical connections, and everything seems fine.
Current Measures: We've updated the firmware and drivers, run comprehensive diagnostics, and even swapped out some components, but the problem persists.
Impact:

Our primary applications are experiencing frequent outages.
Client-facing services are intermittently unavailable, leading to frustration and complaints.
Internal processes are disrupted, causing delays and productivity losses.
Has anyone else faced similar issues with 2U rack servers or similar configurations? Any insights or suggestions on potential fixes or troubleshooting steps would be immensely helpful. I'm under a lot of pressure to get this resolved quickly, and I would greatly appreciate any advice or shared experiences.

Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview