News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Can we stop pretending that Intel Arc is taking over the budget GPU market yet?

Started by Redaktion, May 30, 2024, 20:38:42

Previous topic - Next topic

TLDR

Yes we can.

Aslong as it's after we stop pretending AMD is taking any cpu client marketshare and that they're still a poor underdog despite being a making billions. That it's acceptable their client division still can't supply enough chips for mobile in 4+ generations in a row due to TSMC supply.

Funny, how this very same source seems to have no issues supplying epyc cpus for enterprise data centre or meteor lake laptops or soon with SXE laptops. It's almost as if they don't really care about actually competing, just like with their radeon dgpu (both on pricing and driver quality).

Isn't it also funny how there's been no mention of strix point handhelds just 7840u and hawk point refreshes? At the rate AMDelay is operating at, we're likely going to see lunar lake handhelds before seeing anything stx based.

missingxtension

Screw ray tracing, i am not rendering anything on blender at the moment. Long time video card user, since the riva tnt  radeon 9800 etc. I got a A770 because i don't consider any vard on the market acceptable, i was going to nake the jump from a 670 to a 2060 but made it to a rx580 instead. Narrow busses with low ram and higher caches are not the kind of thing I want to be supporting. Its about the damn principle, I am not buying a stupid 3070 (rehashed 1060 with rtx) for the pricing of a 670 series. Get the f*** outta here with rhat s***. Then AMD jumps on that band wagon with a rebranded rx480 only to follow it up with an rx6600 or even rx6700. Thats not an upgrade path I want to be a part of.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview