News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo IdeaPad Pro 5 14AHP9 laptop review - The powerful ultraportable with Ryzen 8000 and 120-Hz OLED

Started by Redaktion, March 21, 2024, 18:02:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry

Just picked up the Ideapad 5 Pro (Lenovo Xiaoxin Pro Chinese version)! Loving the sleek design and powerful performance with the Ryzen 7 8845H. Any tips for getting the most out of it?

NikoB

Quote from: Paul_Wiggin on June 28, 2024, 22:29:44Unfortunately for me, this laptop do not display SDR correctly - colors are oversaturated because the display does not switch to sRGB mode.
SDR content is displayed somewhat correctly in HDR but looks unnatural - definitely not accurate compared to LG OLED C3 i have side by side which proved to be very accurate with SDR content out of the box.
As I have already written 100 times, AMD, unlike the shameful Intel/NVidia, has a built-in EDID auto-calibrator in its drivers for more than 15 years. Just check one box in the settings and it will automatically (albeit roughly, since it depends on the accuracy of the EDID data) bring panels with wide gamut to the sRGB space, which is much more comfortable for owners than manual calibration or buying an expensive hardware calibrator and learning how to calibrate with his help.

Therefore, there is no particular problem on models with AMD igpu, except for configurations with NVidia dgpu, because in the case of switching mux to dgpu, output to screens is carried out through NVidia drivers, which again leads to poisonous oversaturated colors.

By the way, the same problem, shamefully, Asus even has it in their Strix series, including Scar, according to owners' reviews, even in the expensive 18" series...

It's as if there are idiots in the development departments who don't understand that 90%+ of the content is made in the sRGB space and the screen is supposed to be calibrated in it. This is called pure redneck on the part of manufacturers who do not emulate normal sRGB space on wide gamut panels in proprietary versions of video drivers. Damn penny-pinchers...

dnfgn

Quote from: NikoB on July 22, 2024, 12:22:15
Quote from: Paul_Wiggin on June 28, 2024, 22:29:44Unfortunately for me, this laptop do not display SDR correctly - colors are oversaturated because the display does not switch to sRGB mode.
SDR content is displayed somewhat correctly in HDR but looks unnatural - definitely not accurate compared to LG OLED C3 i have side by side which proved to be very accurate with SDR content out of the box.
As I have already written 100 times, AMD, unlike the shameful Intel/NVidia, has a built-in EDID auto-calibrator in its drivers for more than 15 years. Just check one box in the settings and it will automatically (albeit roughly, since it depends on the accuracy of the EDID data) bring panels with wide gamut to the sRGB space, which is much more comfortable for owners than manual calibration or buying an expensive hardware calibrator and learning how to calibrate with his help.
Two people discussing stuff they have no idea about, piling up sdr, hdr, srgb, amd, edid... Typical notebookcheck community.
At least read the f article
"Lenovo doesn't offer any color profiles, meaning its color space is limited to the smaller sRGB reference."

NikoB

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview