News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Well-known tech YouTuber declares PS5 dead, wants to provide proof by building his own PC for the same price and fails all along the line

Started by Redaktion, March 11, 2024, 16:20:47

Previous topic - Next topic

toldu17butilied

If you watch the video until the end, Linus actually concludes the exact thing as this article. He literally recommends most people just buy a PS5 and praises it for holding it's value for longer than previous consoles.

He makes the point though that the distance is already shrinking if you're a bit thrifty and willing to build a PC yourself, so another year or so, beating the PS5 will probably be possible. His build already did in some cases and that was even with the choice of Intel's GPU which he easily could have sidestepped as he noted.

So basically, you and Linus agree, don't really get the point of this article other than engagement/clicks. But if that was the goal, well played. :⁠-⁠)

Rando.M

Quote from: JustFacts on March 12, 2024, 16:21:01Console vs PC is basically tell me you are broke without telling me. If you can't afford to get a Console and a PC , you should be out there working on your finances lmao
Let's be honest, from your poor grammar and syntax it's pretty obvious that you're a child or a highschool dropout, there's no way that you earn your own money and your opinions on everything except icecream are invalid. I don't for a second believe you are currently using anything even remotely current or desirable, and that goes for the cheap off brand phone you're on reading this.
So much copium in these comments, from people deficient in their own lives desperate to compensate.

Sam Bridges

You guys opened a can of worms. PC enthusiasts don't want to hear it. I tried several times but I didn't find anyone really willing to discuss the topic. Just people who wanted to find a loophole to say my opinion is invalid. I prefer to play on console because of the experience. Time is at a premium for me and I don't have time fiddle when I want to game. I own a gaming PC as well, BTW. I've been building my own rig since the 90s.

That said, I understand the money thing if you start from scratch. But if you already are a PC gamer, it might be feasible in parts of the world to achieve similar results with only 500$.
I mean, my console setup doesn't cost less than a good gaming PC if you factor in everything. Big nice TV, pro controller, two consoles. In short, it depends.

Sam Bridges

I can't find the person that said you are saying you are broke if you play on college. In the off chance they see it. I'll post here.

LOL. Let's star with saying, so what? A lot of people need to be mindful of their spending. If console gaming give them the opportunity to have fun. More power to all of us gamers.
But let's get to the juicy part. This is another argument I had a million times. Someone can be even rich and not be willing to spend money and time on gaming. My ex boss was one of those. With that said. Even without being rich, there is a good chance my console setup costs more than your gaming PC. Think about that.

Hybrid Geek

What PC gaming builder would settle for a $1k PC anyhow...we don't build to compete with PS5 that's like comparing a water gun to an ak15.
Console gaming is crap because gameson consoles are so watered down and basic.  I have a friend that plays Elder Scrolls with me from his console and there so much I can do in game he cannot.

Tushie

If the moron didn't choose a intel gpu it would've been a win. But he's no longer making good content. Just doing anything he can for clicks

Dlsn

This whole console versus PC thing is wrong-headed for most people. All of you have computers. Many of you have powerful computers because you need them to do other things other than gaming. So the question isn't console or PC, it's the question of whether you need to upgrade your PC situation enough to have a competent gaming computer, or do you forgo that and buy a console?

For me, someone who occasionally needs a lot of computer power, buying a console is a non-starter. For me, it would like shopping for a two slice toaster because sometimes I don't need four slices, and I don't want to use my four slice toaster. And, obviously, this applies to a lot of you, too.

Mr. Anonymous

Quote from: Hybrid Geek on March 14, 2024, 17:39:53What PC gaming builder would settle for a $1k PC anyhow...we don't build to compete with PS5 that's like comparing a water gun to an ak15.
Console gaming is crap because gameson consoles are so watered down and basic.  I have a friend that plays Elder Scrolls with me from his console and there so much I can do in game he cannot.

What's an "ak15"? Lol.

Knetten

And what about shipping? I saw this video. And many product he almost paid as much in shipping as the item he bought!

MeMason03841

One HUGE detail that hasn't been addressed is the vast amount of free games available on PC compared to consoles.  Epic games for example gives away a free game every week, plus an extra 15-20 at Christmas time,  so about 70 a year.  My Epic library has over 400 games I did NOT have to pay for (sure many are indie titles, but every year there's probably 20 or so AAA titles and a lot of those indie titles are undiscovered gems).  Steam also has a huge library of free or free to play titles.  This more than makes up for the cost of a PC compared to a console.

Scrapmtl

This article misses the point, of the build, completely;and it's target audience. For a casual gamer a console will always win. For the tech nerd, it's  a self built PC. Heck, I just built an outdated i7-860, because I had a box of "attic" parts laying around. Works great for retro gaming and office type stuff. Best part....$0 because it was just junk I had laying around.
My gaming PC... It's a combo of new and used parts. Used MB, Used CPU, Used RAM, new nvme, new graphics, new PS. Old case I had laying around. I built a machine, capable of running MSFS(very demanding), in 4k VR, for about $1k total.
So yes, hard-core PC gamers WILL find deals on Used parts to build out the rig they need.

Ducky

Quote from: PC-Guy on March 11, 2024, 18:42:51So, just like this article is a printed "reaction" on a Youtuber and not really news, the whole reason LTT exists is to show people these types of scenarios in an entertaining way.  You know, content creation.  What a waste of print...
The exact same thing they're whining about the youtuber doing. Shoveling out bullshit for clicks and views.

goodiesohhi

What even is this article? I'm so confused. The point was completely missed. Did you even watch the video? Also, why are you acting like people don't regularly build PCs or that people don't buy used parts? They absolutely do? Do we live in the same reality?

CheeseMan

Did you watch the video?  This feels like it was written by a college student that does a book report without reading the book and used a very poor summary online as their reference.  Or a gaslighting ex, both scenarios feel very possible because the point made in the article and point of the video are wildly different.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview