News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra panned for ultra-wide design that kills all hopes of one-handed use

Started by Redaktion, August 26, 2023, 15:29:39

Previous topic - Next topic

YUKI93

Quote from: Neenyah on August 27, 2023, 14:45:24
Quote from: StevO on August 27, 2023, 14:39:43Bring back the IR blaster! Miss that more than curved screens, pens, or folds.

Ah IR blaster, the thing for "power users" as being explained by many "experts" and even PR trolls from OEMs; not that long ago removable battery, IR blaster, FM radio, microSD slot, 3.5mm jack, headphones and charger coming with phone included in the packaging and many other things... were perfectly normal for almost all phones even those from 20 years ago.

Then all of that became "for power users" and that was the reason for their removal (and charging most of them at extra cost if you want to buy them separately); suddenly from 90%+ power users almost nobody is a power user anymore. Nice way to twist the story and sell your own greed, which is what most OEMs do.

The irony is that Sony removed the headphone jack on their 2018 and 2019 flagship phones, even citing the rising trend of wireless audio gears, before putting it back in the 2020 Xperia 1 Mk2. Sony could've easily continued not doing it, but they didn't. It feels as if someone at Sony realized that following the trend is a bad idea. That's why Sony has always been in my radar after LG's exit from the smartphone market.

YUKI93

Quote from: splus on August 26, 2023, 20:55:46Old Samsung Notes were very wide, and yet were popular and beloved. And now this same or even smaller width is being criticized as "anti human".
The Note/Ultra hasn't changed, people have. They have become pussies, complaining about anything and everything. It's pathetic really.
I'll be the first to buy a new flat screen Ultra! As long as I can get a Snapdragon CPU variant, lol.

You haven't seen the worst on Twitter/X.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview