News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Microsoft's Xbox gaming handheld will fail unless someone else makes it

Started by Redaktion, June 20, 2024, 20:02:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Microsoft, please let someone else make a portable Xbox! Fans have been clamoring for a handheld for years now, and there is a likelihood one is in the pipeline. However, Microsoft is a better software company than a hardware one, so best just leave it to the pros.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Microsoft-s-Xbox-gaming-handheld-will-fail-unless-someone-else-makes-it.849903.0.html

LordDavon

I respectfully disagree. I have loved my Surface hardware for years. I've had the original Surface Book, Surface book 2 15", Surface Go and Surface Pro 7. All are excellent devices that have always improved for the time I've owned them. As well, they have amazing controllers on their gaming system, which is the most powerful system available. It is their marketing and gaming strategy that needs work.

I'd love to see Microsoft create a Surface Go sized gaming tablet, using the newer AMD APUs and give them attachable controllers based off their Xbox design. That's the dream!

Dark Oopa

What are you talking about?!

Microsoft has quite a good record on hardware, and it's especially true on consoles!
Xbox was the most powerfull console and the only one with integrated internet capabilities.
Xbox 360 came a year before PS3, for 2/3 of the price and was way easier to devellope for, even having 60FPS game vs 30fps
Xbox One X was a silent powerhouse.
As is the Xbox Serie X (and Serie S is small and silent).
There gamepad has been a reference since xbox360.

I really don't understand this article...

Riet

Microsoft has a good track record of making hardware? You've got to be kidding me.

Its laptops are slow, ugly, expensive and lacking killer features. The same goes for its tablets. Its mice are unwieldy. These are just the things that I have personally used.

I don't remember Microsoft ever releasing a groundbreakingly good device or piece of hardware that I could describe using the word innovation.

A

The article is correct on the licensing front.

If they don't go the licensing route, they are just going to let SteamOS dominate the market

Quote from: Dark Oopa on June 21, 2024, 09:30:38What are you talking about?!

Microsoft has quite a good record on hardware, and it's especially true on consoles!
Xbox was the most powerfull console and the only one with integrated internet capabilities.
Xbox 360 came a year before PS3, for 2/3 of the price and was way easier to devellope for, even having 60FPS game vs 30fps
Xbox One X was a silent powerhouse.
As is the Xbox Serie X (and Serie S is small and silent).
There gamepad has been a reference since xbox360.

I really don't understand this article...

I wouldn't say that... remember the red ring of death? The 360 had a 30% failure rate. I had a 360 but I didn't game much on it, but a friend who does game a lot has had went through 5 of them failing

Also, the 360 was cheaper due to PS3 coming with a bluray player. At the time it was also the cheapest bluray player.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview