News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Tesla owners can rent their cars to Cybercab fleet for any duration as Tesla takes a cut of their income

Started by Redaktion, June 14, 2024, 14:04:47

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesC

Having observed my 2023 Model 3 in latest FSD version:
* fail to be able to successfully enter a busy traffic circle
* fail to navigate turns correctly, threatening to hit curbs without intervention
* fail to properly handle unexpected situations such as a tractor trailer poking out into the roadway
I find it highly unlikely that any existing Tesla's will be made to be able to safely autonomously drive without significant retrofit of the hardware. If the camera + compute system can't handle a typical Boston rotary, nobody is gonna ride in these autonomously except in low traffic, simple roadway areas of the US.

Ralph

I think Musk is on to something. IMO, there are several reasons why it could be a SWB (short wheelbase) two-seater like the ones I have seen depicted on several websites:
1. average cab ride carries 1.4 person
2. cheaper to manufacture, therefore more economical to deploy (also in terms of vehicle weight : kWh needed ratio)
(it will obliterate all those ride-hailers that keep using costly rolling hardware like Waymo's Jaguar iPace)
3. the smaller the vehicle the more road space and agility to evade
4. AV tech experiences less difficulty overviewing the AV's vicinity and the ride process

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview