News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Tesla Model S hits 430,000 miles on original battery with minimal range loss and zero services, exceeding EV longevity expectations

Started by Redaktion, June 07, 2024, 18:33:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A high-mileage Tesla Model S owned by taxi service owner Paul Ken has hit a mind-boggling 430,000 miles on the odometer while facing only 65 miles of range loss from its original battery. Ken claims that the car has never required a service, and apart from minor aesthetic damages, the car has held up impressively well despite the heavy use and 8 years of age.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Tesla-Model-S-hits-430-000-miles-on-original-battery-with-minimal-range-loss-and-zero-services-exceeding-EV-longevity-expectations.845201.0.html

vertigo

There's an ICE car with 3.25 million miles on it, so obviously ICE cars last longer... And if the problem with that statement is obvious, then the problem with the excitement over this Tesla should also be. If it's not...

TXDon

Quote from: vertigo on June 07, 2024, 20:27:21There's an ICE car with 3.25 million miles on it, so obviously ICE cars last longer... And if the problem with that statement is obvious, then the problem with the excitement over this Tesla should also be. If it's not...

And how much did the ICE cost to maintain for those 3.2 million miles?

GC

If that's true for the ICE car, that would be a true miracle. But more likely it has had many engines and trans overhauls, brake jobs, water pumps,etc. I've had my Model S for 5 years and added windshield washer fluid, wiper blades and a few times bought tires. Love My Model S.

Make mine a pint

Volvo P1800, 2 engine rebuilds, 2 resprays, masses of maintenance from a devoted owner who was prepared to finance it. Quite impressive in many ways.

Still the Tesla doing 420,000 miles dispels the myth about all ev batteries needing replacing after a short period. The most remarkable thing is the low cost of maintenance. Keep the prices coming down, running costs low and a decent charging infrastructure and ICE will become a niche product in the first world.

YeeterDan

Only 65miles of range loss? That's 20% of the total range... After only 8 years.. is this guy also claiming he never changed the tires after 8 years? My tires are good for 85,000 miles, if his tires are good for over 430,000 miles that should be the real story.

Salen

Every time some tesla reach 500k+ km, it gets into newspaper. There were already few similar articles. What happened to other hundreds od thousands?

Really

Tato

My model S p85 2013 had 29% degradation after 452 000 km, worked well, but range was too small, so I upgraded battery to 100 kwh, now it is p100 (without D, from 29000 km model x 2019). I could go with old battery, but range was about 230 km, with my driving habits, now it's about 450 km. So battery would last much more, but range was decreased.

NikoB

The average person drives on average 50-150 km per day in most countries of the world, no more. And gets rid of the car at the end of the typical 3 year warranty period, because... the cost of maintenance becomes unprofitable further. We are talking about the "middle class". Therefore, everything above the resource of about 100k-150k kilometers is of little interest to the "middle class". These are the problems of those who buy cars after the warranty period has expired...

The older the car is outside the warranty period, the higher the costs for official spare parts or the owner has to take risks with non-original ones, which is what most second-hand owners do and so on...

Electric cars are on average 1.5 times more expensive than cars with internal combustion engines with a comparable comfort class. Their owners overpay in advance.

A

Quote from: YeeterDan on June 08, 2024, 20:42:41Only 65miles of range loss? That's 20% of the total range... After only 8 years.. is this guy also claiming he never changed the tires after 8 years? My tires are good for 85,000 miles, if his tires are good for over 430,000 miles that should be the real story.

20% range loss after 430k miles isn't that big of a deal. Also, the original source mentions tires.

Quote from: Salen on June 08, 2024, 22:07:30Every time some tesla reach 500k+ km, it gets into newspaper. There were already few similar articles. What happened to other hundreds od thousands?

Most people don't drive cars that much.

A

Quote from: Marc G on June 09, 2024, 22:27:14This is the exception, not the rule.

It's actually becoming more and more the rule as studies show that failure rates of batteries have been going down over the years.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview