News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Next OnePlus flagship Android smartphone tipped to lose wireless charging - again

Started by Redaktion, June 01, 2024, 13:49:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Certain brands are tipped to pair the upcoming top-end Snapdragon 8 Gen 4 with unusually large batteries for their 2025 crop of Android flagship smartphones. However, according to an industry insider, that apparently presents the companies with a dilemma: keep their class-leading wireless charging tech, or pack those battery upgrades.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Next-OnePlus-flagship-Android-smartphone-tipped-to-lose-wireless-charging-again.843351.0.html

Mate

Well, its actually good thing. I was big fan of wireless charging but its less efficient and stress battery(by warming) longer than fast charging. Now I can charge phone from 0 to 80% in 30 minutes or so, there is no need for wireless charging.

Z

Wireless charging is a gimmick. No one needs it when wired 80W charging gets it done whilst having a shower and having breakfast. You get to 100W or 120W it gets it done in 18min. Why would anyone "wirelessly" charge X2 slower?

Rond33

Wireless charging tech will only become useful when there is a standard requirement of around 50w... Its only really useful for "drip" charges when your out and about and don't have a charger but most places insist on having tech which gives you avout 5w which is useless. I'd be fine without wireless charging tech on the OP13 if it means a 6000mah battery and 120w.

Damon

Funny to hear the OnePlus fanbois rationalize this.  Let me.help you out.  No wireless charging = not a flagship.  I mean a 300 dollar Motorola does it but heh

Simon H

You may prefer wireless, indeed I use my wireless charger on my OP12 at home, but rarely.

I wake, plug in my phone, have a shower and when I get out less than half an hour later my phone's stopped charging at 80 percent to prevent damage to the battery.

I'm a heavy user and it more than lasts me all day.

But your Samsung S24 Ultra, I guess you're going to have to charge that overnight because it charges so damn slowly. Your battery is going to last less time because it just does and it will start to fail long before mine, because well that's what Samsung batteries do.

But please, if you prefer to insist on a wireless charger so you can overcharge during the day (because you're going to have to) feel free. It's your battery you're gonna end up killing.

Your 5 seconds of convenience will help you kill your battery quicker so much quicker.

A trade in like that makes you the idiot not me.

kek

Quote from: Simon H on June 02, 2024, 03:37:20You may prefer wireless, indeed I use my wireless charger on my OP12 at home, but rarely.

I wake, plug in my phone, have a shower and when I get out less than half an hour later my phone's stopped charging at 80 percent to prevent damage to the battery.

But your Samsung S24 Ultra, I guess you're going to have to charge that overnight because it charges so damn slowly. Your battery is going to last less time because it just does and it will start to fail long before mine, because well that's what Samsung batteries do.

But please, if you prefer to insist on a wireless charger so you can overcharge during the day (because you're going to have to) feel free. It's your battery you're gonna end up killing.

Your 5 seconds of convenience will help you kill your battery quicker so much quicker.

I'm pretty sure a S24 Ultra charges in two-three hours max. Fast charging can be as bad as wireless charging for a battery, no matter how many marketing lies Chinaphones throw at you. If they are using the same battery technology that's common (Li-Po/Li-Ion), then they are causing damage to the batteries with those charging rates.

AS for me, I see Wireless charging as a "backup" solution in case your port gets dirty/damaged/wet and you need to charge somehow. I wouldnt use it as a daily solution due to the heat it causes on the battery.

methods

Ive been saying this for years now but as a company One Plus is a lost cause. My whole family has been buying every one plus phone up until One Plus 7T Pro, but everything after that just went down hill. It all started at like OP6 when they started conforming and losing functionality and features. Theres really nothing interesting or special about their phones anymore they're just milking the fact that they're the only brand from China that can sell in the US under major carriers.

Hardware wise there extremely normie phones now....

Samos

Quote from: kek on June 02, 2024, 06:11:45
Quote from: Simon H on June 02, 2024, 03:37:20You may prefer wireless, indeed I use my wireless charger on my OP12 at home, but rarely.

I'm pretty sure a S24 Ultra charges in two-three hours max. Fast charging can be as bad as wireless charging for a battery, no matter how many marketing lies Chinaphones throw at you. If they are using the same battery technology that's common (Li-Po/Li-Ion), then they are causing damage to the batteries with those charging rates.

AS for me, I see Wireless charging as a "backup" solution in case your port gets dirty/damaged/wet and you need to charge somehow. I wouldnt use it as a daily solution due to the heat it causes on the battery.
OnePlus uses dual cell batteries so 100w charging feels like 50w each cell, where as Samsung can charge at maximum 45w and is one cell same battery wear for double the charge speed. Whereas wireless chargers are a coil that emits heat directly on your battery. Also 2-3 hours is pretty damn long.

Carlo

Good move- I'll always trade wireless charging for basically any other feature- esp bigger or faster charging battery;
so haven't been crazy about downgrade in this area since 10T. Adding 50% in 5 min is beyond priceless- there're very few things one can get done in under 5 min while doing such a quick charge.
Most establishments have removed outlets & seating to discourage pandemics / homeless / robbers + make do with less staff.

Additionally- it's a lost cause- but I would also trade waterproof for removable & extended battery options like in the old LG Stylo days that also had a separate multi-battery charger.

An additional perk never mentioned is that removing battery prevents phone from being location-tracked (until re-inserted)...just turning a phone off doesn't prevent this.
(Why would one need this? Well- divorce lawyers, H&R depts, Jan6th prosecutors, customs inspectors, draconian govts & police depts have a field day w/ this readily available data).

Charging tech lead (& newest processor at a good price) really the only advantage OP has vs Samsung & Apple. Not keen on losing it just to add wireless charging that's significantly slower, requires carrying the whole contraption on the road (much easier, faster & useful to carry the power adapter and/or buy a Sharge Power Bank), & to boot may not even find an electrical outlet.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview